Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Dear Human Race

Love ...

Since the day I came to be, I provided you with all you needed
I had shelter for you, food for you and love for you
Since I became what I am ... I gave you air and kept you safe
Along came more and more of the taking ... but I still loved you
More and more of the stealing ... but I still loved you
You puncture me, use me and abuse me
But I still love you.
I am here for you ... but I may not always be.
Take time to appreciate me.

Not just one day of the year ... but every day.
Take time to enjoy the gifts I give to you without selfishness.
Realize that I am one of a kind. All things were put into place
for you to survive with me.
There is no other like me and not likely to be.
Smell me, feel me ... love me too.
Listen to me ... embrace me with love.
That is all I ask of you.
Love,
The Earth

Written by Tami Ward April 22, 2010 Earth Day

No comments:

Post a Comment