Sunday, February 2, 2020

Lonely but not alone

I want to know how you can feel so alone when you’re surrounded by so many people who love you
I want to know what the answer is when the answer is unknown and out of reach
I want to know when you do all you can to be the best you can be and yet you are not the best according to anyone
I want to know why my brain suffers when all It wants to do is give happiness to others
Is this the curse of a true caregiver
To always give of yourself and always wonder why yourself is suffering
To always think of others first and yourself last
Do you wonder why no matter what you do or how you do it to take care of others there never seems to be anyone to take care of you to satisfy your soul to what you give
If this is the curse of the caregiver?
Sometimes I want it ... sometimes I don’t and that is another curse in and of itself that you don’t get to choose
You need to take it or leave it
There will come a time in your life where you will have to make the decision of which path you want to take
Taking it or leaving it; a curse or a gift
It is always your choice but it never feels like it
2020/2

No comments:

Post a Comment